PowerEdge R740xd2 Rack Server
Deliver fast response times and help maximize uptime for streaming media and other data-intensive workloads in a high-capacity 2U design.
Respond effectively to data growth
The Dell EMC PowerEdge R740xd2 helps you plan for future growth with large internal storage and cost-efficient drive capacities. Deliver two-socket compute performance with flash and fast networking options to meet streaming demands. Simplify management of large data sets with automated administration and front-serviceable drives. The R740xd2 lets you keep your data safely on-premise with built-in security, even as you scale capacity.
- Video surveillance
- Content delivery network (CDN)
- Microsoft Storage Spaces (S2D) and vSAN
- Microsoft Exchange
Bring compute closer to storage
The R740xd2 addresses increasing capacity and business demands with flexible storage and performance resources in a space-saving design.
- Scale up to 26 3.5” drives (364TB) in a 2U rack server and scale out up to 520 3.5” drives (7.2PB) in a 42U rack.
- Deliver two-socket performance with up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and up to 44 cores.
- Tier data with a combination of 2.5” SSDs and 3.5” HDDs in a hybrid configuration1.
- Help eliminate bottlenecks with fast networking options and up to 16 DIMMS of memory.
- Easily expand with up to 5 PCIe slots.
Streamline management across your data center
Reduce the time required to manage mid-to-large scale environments.
- Automate and unify server and internal storage management across your PowerEdge infrastructure with OpenManage Enterprise.
- Rapidly deploy configurations matching unique workload requirements on multiple bare-metal servers.
- Provide full lifecycle management including health status, firmware updates and automated issue resolution.
- Use OpenManage Integrations to manage within VMware vCenter, Microsoft System Center, and BMC Truesight.
- Easily deploy OpenManage Ansible Modules utilizing Red Hat Ansible.
Deliver uptime and data security
Fortify server operations with high availability features and a cyber-resilient architecture. Easily protect, detect and recover from cyber attacks with layers of security embedded in every server.
- Minimize disruptions with 24 front-serviceable, hot-swappable, validated drives that offer enterprise-class reliability and extensive warranty options.
- Protect your data or media from theft or unauthorized access with secure passwords, alerts and event logging.
- Help ensure that only authenticated, signed firmware is running on the server including storage drives and RAID controllers