Accelerate your workloads
Flash storage anywhere, or everywhere: New flash-capable configurations mean fast data access for faster applications performance. Configurations include 1.8″ SATA SSDs, 12Gb SAS SSDs and ultra-high-performance NVMe Express Flash PCIe drives.
- Flexibly leverage SSDs to maximize application performance. With flexible zoning and dual PERC cards, you can now flexibly leverage SSDs to maximize performance in 4 SSDs + 20 HDDs, 8 SSDs + 16 HDDs or 12 SSDs + 12 HDDs.
- Enhance database performance by using flash drives to cache “hot” data, while simultaneously having up to 48TB1 of server-based storage with NL-SAS/SATA HDDs.
- Increase concurrent usage and system response for OLTP applications by combining NVMe drives and Dell caching solutions.
- Provide efficient, high-performance scale-out storage for IT-as-a-service (XaaS) providers, Big Data (Hadoop) users and co-location hosting by combining traditional hard drives and solid-state flash drives to ensure data is where it’s needed, when it’s needed.
Unified communications and collaboration
- Enable more, bigger and lower-cost mailboxes with 33 percent greater storage drive capacity than previous generations.
- Improve response times with up to 15 percent greater memory bandwidth than earlier generations and help increase IO performance with the customizable throughput of Dell Select Network Adapters.
- Enhance overall Exchange performance with 12Gb PERC9 RAID controllers, featuring double the cache and throughput over previous generations.
- Optimize Lync performance and responsiveness in virtual environments by directly mapping more VMs to the increased number of physical processor cores.
The latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per socket, provides the cycles and threads necessary to support today’s diverse workloads in virtual environments, including virtualized local storage. To further enhance these deployments, the R730xd features:
- DDR4 RAM that supports more, larger and higher-performance virtual machines per node, drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Multi-mode RAID controllers with twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, VMware® Virtual SAN™ (vSAN) and OpenStack Ceph
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Monitor and manage from anywhere
Administer systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust “at the system” management.
Accelerate IT service deployment
- Template-based server and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities
- Fast workload deployment with an expanding out-of-box template library
- Cloud enablement with support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), including Red Hat and VMware solutions
Enabling the future-ready data center
Providing ample scale-out capacity with a versatile, multi-terabyte storage footprint, the R730xd delivers among the best cost-per-gigabyte performance in a 2U server. It also provides the availability and efficiency needed to power data centers yet to come, with features including:
- Two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors (22 cores max per CPU; 44 total max cores per server)
- 24 DIMM slots supporting up to 1.5TB of memory
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
- Fresh Air 2.0 configurations
There are no reviews yet.