Maximize application performance and eliminate I/O bottlenecks
Empower your organization to make the best decisions fast using real-time data and analytics. The PowerEdge R940 supports 50% more NVMe drives than the R930, up to 48 DIMMs (24 of which can be Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMMs) and up to 15.36TB of memory1. Make I/O bottlenecks a thing of the past and keep processor utilization at its peak.
- In-memory and large, complex databases
- Unix to Linux migration
- ERP, CRM
- Dense virtualization
Transform IT with Dell EMC PowerEdge
The R940 is the foundation to transform your data center with modern applications for real-time data and analytics. Its massive resource footprint optimizes application performance and scales to meet your organization’s demands.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 12 NVMe drives and ensure application performance scales easily.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Drive data-intensive workloads like SQL and SAP HANA databases with Intel Optane DC persistent memory.
- Expand with up to 13 PCIe Gen 3 slots.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%2 with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.