PowerEdge R840 Rack Server
Drive faster insights with four-socket performance in a dense 2U design. Minimize latency with up to 24 direct-attached NVMe drives.
Power your business-critical workloads
The PowerEdge R840 accelerates business insights and delivers unprecedented performance density for your in-database analytics. Deliver consistent results for demanding applications with powerful, four-socket performance and large memory. Even as your workloads become more complex, OpenManage™ Enterprise simplifies management of your IT infrastructure so you can focus on your business objectives. Integrated security and proven reliability helps ensure maximum uptime in your enterprise data center.
- Data intensive applications
- Data analytics
Scale application performance for demanding data analytics workloads
The R840 offers versatile resources that allow you to meet changing business demands. Maximize performance and minimize latency with direct-attached NVMe drives.
- Boost performance with up to four 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and up to 112 processing cores
- Address large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (24 of which can be DCPMMs) and up to 15.36TB of memory
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs/SSDs (up to 24 NVME drives)
- Accelerate applications with two doublewide GPUs or two FPGAs
- Speed data transfers with fully integrated ultra path interconnects (UPIs)
Automate everyday tasks
Reduce the time and effort required to manage IT environments with intelligent automation.
- Improve efficiency with agent-free iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller for automated, simplified management
- Deploy OpenManage Enterprise as a virtual appliance in your choice of ESXI, Hyper-V or KVM environments
- Use OpenManage Integrations or Connections to manage PowerEdge servers with existing console investments
- Resolve issues with up to 72% less IT effort using automated proactive and predictive technology from ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.1
Safeguard IT operations
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection to protect, detect and recover from cyber-attacks. Maximize uptime with a cyber-resilient architecture and robust security features.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot
- Detect and prevent unauthorized or malicious changes with Server Lockdown
- Ensure a trusted backup is used from a secure, hidden boot device with Rapid OS/BIOS recovery
- Wipe all data from storage media quickly and securely with System Erase
- Help deliver high availability with hot-pluggable drives and power supplies