Peak 2-socket performance in a compact package
Delivering peak 2-socket performance to space-constrained data centers, the PowerEdge R430 is a short-depth (24″) entry rack server. It is an excellent fit for a wide range of workloads, including:
- High-performance computing (HPC)
- Web serving
- Infrastructure scale-out
- Surveillance and site security
The R430 is also highly attractive as a dedicated backup or development server.
Deliver peak performance
Drive powerful performance across a wide range of workloads with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per processor. Boost memory and I/O performance with:
- 12 DIMM slots that allow you to grow memory capacity over time
- DDR4 memory that provides as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth and draws up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Up to 10 high-IOPS 2.5″ hard drives and two PCIe Gen3 slots that drive twice the data throughput compared to PCIe Gen2
|Harness the data explosion with scalable internal storage capacity, and flexibly adapt to changing workload conditions with an expandable platform ready for virtualization and high-availability clustering. As you grow, ensure a high level of protection for your virtualized workloads with hypervisor redundancy through Dell’s innovative Failsafe Hypervisor.|
Maximize operational efficiency
Save time and reduce potential for error with systems management features that automate your PowerEdge server lifecycle management tasks.
- Speed time to production and drive better ROI by automating OS deployment, server configuration and updates with the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 8 (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller.
- Control data center availability more effectively by monitoring and managing the health and availability of Dell PowerEdge servers anytime, anywhere through OpenManage Mobile and a handheld device.
- Harness your energy budget with energy-efficient processors, memory and power supplies. Fresh Air 2.0 configurations allow you to operate confidently at extended temperatures without the need for chilled air