Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) are modular routers with LAN and WAN connectivity. They support several interface modules, including Cisco Enhanced Service Modules (SM-X) and Cisco Network Interface Modules (NIMs).
Cisco 4000 Series ISRs target these applications:
- Enterprise applications—Intended to be the mid-size aggregation and gateway router typically residing in a regional or large branch office:
– WAN aggregation at Cisco Enterprise core
– Branch or regional office aggregation
– High-end customer premises equipment (CPE) for business-quality Internet access
– Service provider leased line aggregation
– Provider edge (PE) and high-end customer edge (CE) for Layer 2 VPN or Layer 3 VPN services
– Low-end Ethernet aggregation
Cisco 4000 Series ISRs are available in these models:
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the sections in this documentation apply to all models of Cisco 4000 Series ISRs.
There are no reviews yet.