Cisco 800M Series
Powerful Cisco IOS® Software-based router for small to medium sites offers flexible connectivity options and simplifies large-scale wireless WAN deployments.
The Cisco® 800M Series Integrated Services Router (ISR) is a modular platform in the Cisco 800 Series ISR product family. Intended for small to medium sites, it provides a flexible array of WAN connectivity options with easy migration among WAN interface types. It runs Cisco IOS® Software and delivers built-in security in a single software image with no additional software licenses required. It also integrates application hosting capabilities right in the router.
The Cisco 800M ISR is best suited for the following uses:
● Secure WAN connectivity for branches
● Transmitting transactional data from ATM machines, point-of-sale terminals, and kiosks
● Cellular backup to primary wired links
● Quick, easy connectivity in countries where most WAN infrastructure is cellular: 4G LTE /3G connectivity can be used for primary connections, backup connections, or both
● Locations with WAN services requiring serial connectivity
● Deployments requiring real-time, local data collection and analysis from vending machines, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and M2M sensors in other applications
There are two Cisco 800M Series ISR models; the part numbers are C841M-4X and C841M-8X. Both integrate a Gigabit Ethernet switch and redundant Gigabit Ethernet WAN uplinks. Figure 1 shows the ISR 800M router with part number C841M-8X.